Thursday, June 5, 2008

Welcome to My Story...I'm Kirby!


Hi, I am Kirby, and this is my story.

When my owner realized that I was born without eyes, she took me to the vet to talk about having me put to sleep. She just didn't think I could have a good life if I couldn't see.

Well, the vet knew just what to do. He had provided care for the dogs from Yorkshire Terrier Club of Los Angeles Rescue before. He knew that all I needed was the right home and I would be fine.

The vet told my owner that Yorkie Rescue would take care of the me until I was old enough and strong enough to go to my forever home. He promised that I would end up with the very best home possible.

Even though I know it was hard to do, my owner made the brave choice to surrender me to Yorkie Rescue, and now I am living in a warm, safe foster home.

Well, you know how humans talk...soon Dr. Will Kirby (that's where I got my name) learned about me and posted my story on his website. Since, then I have been featured on TMZ.com, and I even met Cesar Millan-The Dog Whisperer!

Over 450 people have emailed Yorkie Rescue wanting to adopt me!

If you, like me, appreciate the work Yorkie Rescue is doing, you can send a donation to help fund their work:

YTCLA Rescue
c/o L. Bush
7986 Poinsettia Drive
Buena Park, CA 90620-1933

All donations are used solely for us dogs, including vet care, surgeries, food, beds, leashes, harnesses, toys, and piddle pads (I love those!). All of the members are volunteers and are never paid for the services they provide.

Thank you for looking out for pups like me!

No comments: